- February 6, 2018
- Posted by: itsdavid
- Category: Latest News
2018 GIRLS U10 & U15 INDOOR SOCCER RESULTS
The St Francis Credit Union Clare Community Games Indoor Soccer competitions for U10 & U13 Girls took place over the weekend in Corofin GAA Hall. The Co Ordinator was Flan Brennan assisted by Mark Nestor and a number of referees. The U13 competition was on Saturday with the U10’s on Sunday. The winning team in each will go forward to represent Clare in the Munster finals to be held in U.L. on 21st April.
Five teams took part in the U10 competition. Ennis St Johns beat Moylussa “B” (Killaloe & An Droichead) 4 – 1 giving the Ennis side a place in the semi final. Moylussa “A” beat Clarecastle/Ballyea 5 – 1 while Ennis St Johns beat Inagh/Kilnamona. Clarecastle/Ballyea won the Bronze medals from Inagh/Kilnamona.
In the final Ennis St Johns were the stronger team & beat Moylussa “A” for the Gold & a chance to represent Clare in the Munster finals in April
1. Ennis St Johns – Lexi Bowe, Lauren Breen, Abbey Brigdale, Jorja Deegen Herlihy, Emily Fox, Isabel Ikieby, Chloe McGuane, Cairtlyn McInerney
2. Moylussa “A” – Ciara Power, Caoimhe Moloney, Caoimhe Hayes, Aoibheann McArthur, Maria Kennedy
3. Clarecastle/Ballyea – Ava Courtney, Lauren Browne, Aisling Clohessy, Aoibhinn Corbett, Caoimhe Francis, Eloise McErlean, Caoimhe Ryan
4. Inagh/Kilnamona – Natalie Cotter, Kate Dowling, Aimee Foudy, Blathnaid Hegarty, Heidi Keane, Sarah Meskell, Mai Telfort, Holly Wynne
In the U13 competition nine teams participated. The standard was very high with some matches going to extra time to be decided.
Corofin/Kilnaboy & Lisdoonvarna/Doolin/ Kilfenora/Kilshanny were level at full time with the Lisdoonvarna girls coming out on top after extra time 4 – 1. Ennis St Johns met near neighbours Doora/Barefield this also went to extra time with Doora/Barefield winning 4 – 2. Clarecastle/Ballyea went down to Moylussa “A” 3 – 1. Ballynacally/Lissycasey beat Moylussa “B” 7 – 1. Cooraclare/Cree beat Moylussa “A” 2 – 1.
Lisdoonvarna/Doolin/Kilfenora/Kilshanny beat Ballynacally/Lissycasey 3 – 2.
Cooraclare/Cree beat Doora/Barefield 4 – 2.
The Play off for 3rd & 4th was a very close encounter with Ballynacally/Lissycasey & Doora/Barefield finishing 2 – 2 at full time. The Ballynacally girls went on to win after extra time and penalties.
Lisdoonvarna/Doolin/Kilfenora/Kilshanny and Cooraclare/Cree met in the final with Lisdoonvarna coming out as winners and will now represent Clare in the Munster Finals in U.L. in April.
1. Lisdoonvarna/D/K/K. – Caoimhe Byrne O’Connell, Tara Connolly, Susie King, Lorna McNamara, Ellie O’Dwyer, Sidhb O’Loughlin, Jane Shannon, Roisin Sheedy
2. Cooraclare/Cree – Amy Corry, Aoibhe Hehir, Lauren Kampft, Isabella Kelly, Lisa Kelly, Chloe Lillis, Aimee McNamara
3. Ballynacally/Lissycasey – Sadbh Griffin, Kylah Hickey, Aoife Griffin, Ria Meaney, Phoebe O’Shea, Abbie Doyle.
4. Doora/Barfield – Aislinn Carey, Kate Moran, Niamh Mulligan, Orlaith Ni Coileain, Aoibhinn O’Callaghan, Lucy Power, Jane Quinn, Lauren Quinn